ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:07:15 -0500
Men Who Do Not Pray

Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good
reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint
over this business.--Acts 6:3.

Let us watch that we do not slide imperceptibly to a state, where the
women do the praying, and the men run the churches. Men who do not
pray have no right to direct church affairs. We believe in the
leadership of men within the spiritual community of the saints, but
that leadership should be won by spiritual worth.

Leadership requires vision, and whence will vision come, except from
hours spent in the presence of God in humble and fervent prayer? All
things else being equal, a praying woman will know the will of God
for the church far better than a prayerless man.

We do not here advocate the turning of the churches over to the
women, but we do advocate a recognition of proper spiritual
qualifications for leadership among the men, if they are to continue
to decide the direction the churches, shall take. The accident of
being a man is not enough. Spiritual manhood alone qualifies.

"Lord, don't ever let me have leadership that I don't deserve. Don't
ever let me become careless in prayer. Don't ever let me rely on the
women to pray, while I lead. Amen."