ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:15:50 -0600
From: "Stu" <[log in to unmask]>

You Are His Disciple

Breakthrough is imminent on several fronts, and this is necessary
before you can make decisions that have the potential to affect you
significantly. These breakthroughs will be the beginning of a course
correction, so that your destiny will come to greater clarity. Many
issues will be illuminated, so that you can see with more precise
discernment. However, you can only get a glimpse of what is ahead,
and you must not try to live in the future. Stay in the protection of
the eternal now, for certainly, if your focus is on the time that is
yet to come, it will result in disappointment, says the Lord.

Isaiah 42:16: I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I
will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness
light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will
do for them, and not forsake them.

    You are His Disciple

"The Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that
please him." (John 8:29).

Jesus lived by faith. Did you know that? Some people don't seem to
realize that. They think that because He was the Son of God, He just
floated through life with some mystical, supernatural power we could
never have.

But Jesus Himself said that the Father hadn't left Him alone, and
that He always did those things that please His Father.

Jesus walked by faith--and He got that faith the same way we get it.
"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17).

How do you think His mother knew to tell the leaders of the wedding
feast at Cana to do whatever He told them? (See John 2:1-11). How did
she know He could solve the problem of lack?

The Bible tells us He had never done a miracle at that time--a
miracle of suspension of the normal course of nature. Yet, He had
always lived by faith.

He was living by faith when He was just a young fellow of 12 years
old, saying, "I have to be about My Father's business."

Year by year, He kept growing in faith, just as He grew physically.
He wasn't born a faith giant. He had to develop, just as we do. He
said, "As my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." (John 8:28).

Jesus had to be taught. How was He taught? By the Holy Spirit,
through the written Word!

Luke 4:16 says that when Jesus came to Nazareth, "as His custom was,
He went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read."

Jesus was a Bible reader! That was His custom. He studied. He
meditated. He continued in the Word of God. He preached the Word of
God. He knew the truth, and the truth made Him free!

Now, more than ever before, it is vital that you and I follow in His
footsteps. We simply cannot afford to cast aside our Bibles, and go
skipping off after signs and wonders.

No! Our Father needs us to grow up in Him. He needs those who will
dare to stand on the Word, and develop their faith, so that instead
of seeking miracles at the hands of others, they will become
the  hands that deliver those miracles. That, my friend, is the
greatest thrill of all. And that is the day we're
living in.

Get in the Word today. Meditate in it. Then go out and live by faith.
Jesus did, and you are His disciple.
Scripture Study:  John 2:1-11

Your Life Today Is The Result Of The Thoughts Of Yesterday

"Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself
against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity
to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NKJV).

... And the life you experience tomorrow is the direct result of the
thoughts you planted today.

"I wish I was dead." The hideous words were scrawled upon the dingy
white wall of her closet; a shocking summary of the nagging, negative
voices that attempted to overwhelm the teenager's muddled mind. But
just as soon as they came--"Aren't you dressed yet?" totally unaware,
her loving mother suddenly interrupted the girl's tormented mind.
"You know it's almost time for church, honey."

Dismissing the thoughts as hastily as they came, I really do have a
lot to live for.  I don't know where those thoughts came from; I know
there's something I am supposed to do.

When nagging, distracting, negative voices begin to torment your
mind, you have to make the wise choice by saying:

1.   No, I'm not listening to that!

2.   I'm going to believe the Word, no matter what.

3.   I'm not going to give up; I'm not going to yank God's Word out
of my heart.

4.   God's Word is everything to me.

No matter what you hear, or from who, search and discover what God
has to say about it. Don't care about what anybody else says; find
out what God says, and that's what you should believe! That's what
you should plant securely inside your heart!

Father, I thank You that I cast down arguments, and every high thing
that exalts itself against knowledge  of You, bringing every thought
into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

Stu
Stuart Swartz
616 E. boothe
Cleveland, Tx.  77327
281-659-0629
IF YOU WORRY, YOU DIDN'T PRAY.  IF YOU HAVE PRAYED, DON'T WORRY.