ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:51:45 -0700
Hi,

Well, my dad had to have another surgery, to take out part of a hematoma
near the other surgery site that was opened yesterday.  this is what I
understand it, so I'll correct myself if I learn anything otherwise later.
The artery they cleared out is smaller than some, and it was more difficult
than expected to get it cleaned.  And get this.,  Both, carotid, arteries,
were, blocked, 90, 5, %, and/or, more!!!  Is that a walking miracle or what?
Anyway, he swelled up so much that they had to insert a tube down his throat
and put him on (Would it be a respirator, or a ventilator?), for breathing
until the swelling goes down.  The last I've heard, he has stabilized, and
his mind is clear, though he cannot speak yet.  He is expected to recover,
but it sounds like he'll still be in the hospital over the weekend.  Can you
tell us more about these things, Sandy?  Is it a typical complication for
vascular operations?  According to Judy, who is herself an RN, they didn't
see the need to put stints in the arteries.

And again, thank you all for your prayers and support.

Sharon