ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:02:00 -0700
Ronda,
That seems to be the gospel of  this present day in many churches--It
doesn't matter what I do, how I live, whether I sin or not, God loves me
anyway.
    Sure, parents will always love their wayward children, but it doesn't
mean that they approve of their child's lifestyle. Paul tells us that they
may be saved but so as by fire, with their works burned up.  I want to hear
the Lord say, well done, faithful servant.   Repentance, a word that is
lacking in the modern permissive church, is hardly mentioned these days,
neither the need for holiness or the fear of the Lord.
    It is certainly a sad commentary that it is preached that one little
decision is all you need with no accountability or consequences.
    Anyway, that's the way I see it and the way I read the word.
Vinny