ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:00:01 -0700
     She emailed me from Australia and describe how she felt.  It
wasn't good.  We had prayed a couple of times already.  Her
husband wanted a divorce and they had been separated for more than
a year already.  Decades ago, when she was a little girl, her
father had molested her multiple times between the ages of 4 and
13 years of age.  Now her marriage had crashed and burned.
Anxiety, guilt, shame, rejection, and confusion had plagued her
entire life.  Emailing back, I said we could pray in about 30
minutes.

     As I waited, I looked up some things I wanted her to read
that I would later email her.  My mind was focused on her and I
thought prayers that traveled through my mind faster than the
speed of light.  Suddenly, in my mind, I saw a little girl, about
2 years of age, all dressed up in bright green.  she was happy and
free.  "What's this, Lord?" I thought.  Then I knew without
hearing a word but I did feel it.  It was Mary, thousands of miles
away, and 40 years in the past.  The phone rang.

     We talked about what was going on and how she was feelings.
Then we began to pray.  The Lord gently led her into some horribly
painful places.  She cried uncontrollably.  "Phil, I can't go
there."

     "That's ok," I said, "You don't have to.  Just wait.  Follow
your feelings.  Lord, show her the lies you want her to see."

     Moments later, we were through to the other side.  The Holy
Spirit had shown her how she had been trapped by the Enemy with a
double bind pair of lies.  We talked.  she asked questions about
what had just happened.

     Before hanging up, I gathered my courage and said, "What's
your favorite color?"  She said she looked her best when dressed
in pale blue.  I could now let it go.  After all, I was wrong,
and it hadn't been the Lord after all.  I had seen and heard
nothing.

     Then she said, "Why do you want to know," in her pleasant
Australian accent.

     "Oh," I said.  "No particular reason, I guess."

     She then said, "Well, when I was teaching, I wore green every
day to school.  The kids used to talk about how their teacher
always dressed in green.  Furthermore," she continued, "when I
write notes to myself as I study the Bible and all, I write in
green.  Why did you ask me my favorite color?"

     I told her about what I had seen just before she called.

     "What does it mean?" she asked.

     "It means," I replied, "it is how Jesus sees you.  Happy,
joyful, free, and all dressed in green."

     As you read this, I wonder what your favorite color is?  Have
you experienced the way Jesus sees you?

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com