ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:45:24 -0500
Phil,
Dobson is disgusted with the whole republican field and has talked
about supporting a third party candidate, but, considering what that
gave us in 1992, with Ross Perrow, I don't think that that's the
anser either.  To be truthful, just like congress, a President
doesn't really have much power.  What we need to keep in mind is the
courts.  That's the real danger because the legal system can do,
swiftly, what law makers either can't or won't. I agree with you that
abortion stinks, but I believe that redefining marriage will do more
damage than anything else that has ever been done in the history of
this country because it smacks at our foundation. The courts are
already whittling away at the definition of marriage and family.  All
they need are a few well placed supreme court justices and the fight
will be lost.  As much as we hate it, abortion has, as you said, cost
fifty million lives and I don't believe that it will be going away
soon.  The destruction done to the family as a whole will be even
worse.  That's the main reason that I will probably hold my nose and
vote.  I'm not voting for the person, they're all liars.  I'm voting
for the court.
Kathy