From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:39:32 -0700

I apologize that this is a late summary.  I first asked about Park City
back in November, because we were going there at Thanksgiving.  However,
there was no snow.  So, we postponed the trip until this past March.  I
didn't get a lot of responses.  We only ate out once, besides eating a
couple of times on the mountain.  I loved Park City, so any residents,
don't take this the wrong way.  Their stores need to work on the
gluten-free market.  Because we drove, I waited until we got there to
buy by bread, pizza, etc.  I assumed, that since they had a Whole Foods
that it would carry the same products as ours.  Well, it didn't. It
still had the original (not naming names) "hard as a rock" gluten-free
bread and so on.  I want drag it out, but I plan to write a note to
Whole Foods.  They didn't even have their Whole Foods Brands of GF baked
products.  Don't get me wrong, I looooovvvvve Whole Foods, I was just
disappointed in the one in Park City.  There is another health food
store that I went to, that at least had the gluten-free oats, but also
very limited on gluten-free choices.  At least in the wonderful
gluten-free items that have come out in the past 5 years or so.  They
didn't have enough of that.

We ate at Squatters.  The manager knew what celiac was and was very
helpful in finding something for my son.  My son wanted tofu tacos and
their tofu was marinated in teriyaki.  He went in the back and talked to
the chef and got some "un" marinated tofu.  He told me to ask him
anything and even when they got busy, didn't get frustrated by the
requests.  I wish I could remember his name, but it's a place we would
definitely go to again.

Squatters Roadhouse Grill
1900 Park Avenue, Park City
Park City, UT 84060

Award-winning fresh brewed beers, breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend
brunch. Our eclectic menu offers pub favorites like jambalaya, grilled
stout salmon and the famous bourbon burger. ...more information

www.squatters.com
Phone: 435-649-9868

Here is the address for the Whole Foods:

Whole Foods
1748 West Redstone Center Drive
Park City, Utah 84098

Phone: 435.575.0200
Fax: 435.575.0205

Here's the other health food store:

Fairweather Natural Foods
(435) 649-4561

1270 Iron Horse Dr, Park City, UT

Whole Foods is closer to The Canyons and Fairweather is closer to Deer
Mountain Resort and Park City Resort.

At Park City Resort, there's a restaurant on the slopes called Mid
Mountain Lodge.  They had pre-made salads that my son ate and loved.
Very expensive to eat on the slopes.  We brought lunch on the other
days.

Everyone we met there (with the exception of ski rentals) were very kind
and eager to serve.

Here's what people responded with:

1)  I stayed at Chateau at Silver Lake last Summer.  It's ~100 feet from
a lift (Deer Valley).

The restaurant manager there spotted me immediately every time I walked
in and personally handled my order.  I spoke w the chef as well & he was
very educated & experienced with respect to food chemistry & kitchen
technique.

Food was excellent.  Condos had full kitchens and were stunning.

Beware $$$$$

Prime Steak house on main st Park City also excellent & a piano bar to
boot. This would be for mom & dad.  $$$$

I was very impressed & may go back during winter however already have my
season pass in CO.

David Nelsen

2)  You might go to www.gfutah.org to contact someone in the Utah area.
The group in Salt Lake City are very helpful. Their email address is
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] (I did this no one ever
responded)