From:
Ann-Marie Zuniga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann-Marie Zuniga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:04:30 -0400

I have a question for the all knowing list.  I was undiagnosed for 12 years and
had many of the more advanced symptoms of celiac, which of course,
included a Vitamin D def.  My bone scan according to the doctors was fine
and I thought that I had dodged a bullet.  However, last week I fractured my
wrist doing something that SHOULD NOT have cracked the bone.  In fact, the
doctor does not believe me totally when I told him how it happened.

What I would like from all of you is what I need to ask the Orthopedic doctor
next week when I get the full cast on?  What are things that I should know
about having lost bone strength?  We all know that collectively we know way
more about our illness than most of the general doctors around.  I just don't
know much about this as I thought it was not pertinent.

Thank you all so very much. I will summarize but it may take some time as this
is my right wrist and of course I am right handed! LOL

Ann-Marie