From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:20:17 -0800
The jack toward the inside is for Antenna 1 and the one toward the
outside is Antenna 2.  Pressing and holding the third button down on
the left switches between the two.  There are two beeps for Antenna 2
and one beep for Antenna 1.  The fourth button down on the left, when
held down for a second, operates the antenna tuner.  Be careful not
to do what I did.  I accidentally held down the third button instead
of the fourth button when trying to tune the antenna and my TS-480
couldn't pick up any signals.  I thought my antenna had stopped
working, but eventually realized I had accidentally switched to
Antenna 2 and, like you, I didn't have anything attached to that jack!

73 de W7OQ, Dave