From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:12:07 -0500
Anthony,

Unfortunately, the HD radios I've seen arbitrarily decide when the signal is
strong enough, so they switch in and out of HD mode when the signal is
unstable or noisy.  I wish they had mode switches similar to the stereo/mono
switches we used to see on early FM tuners.  I'm always amazed at how the
designers seem to forget that radio is an analog world.  I guess it's the
same mentality that puts poorly regulated power supplies into computers
where the voltages have to be rock steady.

Steve