From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 23:06:14 -0500
    Eric:

Yes, the Kenwood TMV7A can be programmed with memory programming software
from the Kenwood web site.

However, to enter the data into the radio, you need a programming interface
cable to go between the rig and your computer.

This cable is still available, so far as I know, since I just bought a
replacement about 8 months ago.

If you want a more modern and even more accessible radio, the TMV71A would
be my best suggestion.  That too has programming software available,
although you'd need a separate interface cable for that rig too.

It all depends upon how much money you have, and how comfortable you feel
with the older TMV7A.

I personally find the TMV7A to be amazingly accessible, for a rig that was
in its hey-day about 8 to 10 years ago.  In fact, I have three of them, and
use them in various places for various reasons.  However, the TMV71A is even
more accessible, if you have the bucks to get one.  I have 1 TMV71A now, and
my long-term goal is ultimately to replace my TMV7A's with TMV71A's, but,
since that involves quite a chunk of change, it'll be a long time in coming.

Hope this helps at least a little.

73 from Tom Behler:  Kb8TYJ