From:
"Ray T. Mahorney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray T. Mahorney
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:14:52 -0000
After the first of the year I'll be putting an ID800 in here.  From what little I've been able to
determine while the programming software works with JAWS, the radio does not provide much in the way of
accessibility.  In talking with Eric WD8KNL, we came up with a means of differentiating between analog and
digital channels which involves programming contiguous channels without CTCSS decode and contiguous Dstar
channels.  The key is to not mix analog and Dstar channels.  Where the solution appears to fall down is
that there does not appear to be a way to read from the radio the Dstar information sets so I can
determine whether I am talking to someone through port c or b of my local Dstar access points here in the
Akron area for example, I would have no way of determining whether I have dialed up a channel set which
will put me out on someones VHF UHF or higher port assuming I were making a gateway call.  Suggestions?
Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA
You can phone me by clicking
https://me.vonage.com/rtmahorney