From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:51:58 -0400
Hi Kathryn;

But does your *blood* have a low pH though? Saliva might be an indication of
your body's regulation of acid much like urine would be. Cancer to thrive in
an acid environment must be bathed in it via the bloodstream I would think -
how else?  Just conjecture here. But if the pH is basically always the same,
then how does this acidifying effect come into play?

Of course if people have cancer they may have already had damage done to
their regulatory systems, their bodies becoming more susceptible - although
I'm not really talking about this. I'm speaking about normal healthy people
who are following some dietary regime in the expectation that it will
prevent (or reduce the possibility of contracting) cancer.

A friend who had cancer last year was trying to follow an alkaline diet (I'm
not sure how closely though) and it failed to help - he very sadly died last
September at age 57. He refused chemo therapy until nearly the very end
which was too late because he wanted to try alternatives.

Marilyn