From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:53:14 -0500
On Wed, 21 May 1997, John C. Pavao wrote:

> The religion thing was nothing but a tax shelter.  (Someone talked me into
> visiting a "Scientology" place once.  It was a high-pressure scam, designed
> to separate you from the contents of your pockets, nothing more.  I was
> very disappointed after having read Dianetics and finding it really
> interesting.)  I was talking about the theories behind Dianetics.  I find
> it much easier to swallow than conventional psych.

{Deposite 10 cents}

        WHAT?!?  You believe all that crap about "engrams?"  Do me a
favor, because I worry about you.  Please please PLEASE go and get a book
on neurology.  Don't bother with a technical book, because you'd probably
be bored.  Get something writtian from the general public like
"Descarte's Error" by Antonio Demasio.  It's not only a very good book,
it is 100% counter to $cientology and Dianetics.

>  But that's exactly what
> I meant.  He had these revolutionary ideas, talked about how people could
> clear their minds and live better lives, but then built this silly empire
> based on nothing but greed.  I perceive Atkins the same way because Atkins,
> while he was on the right track with his diet, then surrounded himself with
> "buy everything you need from me at tremendously inflated prices because
> I'm your guru", which serves only two purposes; to make him richer, and to
> reduce his credibility in any instance because one always wonders if he's
> recommending something simply because he's selling it.

(Deposite 10 cents}
        Atkins has a good concept, from what I understand from second
hand sources.  That concept is to throw the body into fat-burning mode as
a method of wieght loss.  Hubbard has a LOUSY concept.  That concept was
technoccultic neo-Gnosticism that ignores the facts about WHAT the mind
is and HOW it works in favor of spiritual pipe dreams about how Hubbard
WANTS the mind to work, based on human ego.  Humans, in their blind and
stupid pride, cannot admit that they are not evolved FROM animals, but
are in fact evolved animals.  I admit that sometimes we are better than
our four legged cousins.  But more often then not we are far worse,
because the Hubbardian Gnosticism has "dehumanized" the whole of life,
including humans we may dislike.  The concept is an "I - it" relationship
with the vast majority of living things.  Atkins helps people loose
weight because the biology is essentially right.  $cientology makes
people feel good about being human because their doctrine of Theta, their
neurology of the human mind, is essentially flawed.
        The three most persicuted sciences are Astronomy becuase it makes
the earth (domain of men) no longer the center of the universe, fetal
anatomy (the best evidence for evolution) because it makes the human body
no longer the image of God, and neurology (which is 100% in disagreement
with $cientology) because it makes the human soul nothing more then a
lopsided oversized lump of fatty grey flesh.
        Auditing is a placebo.  Dianetics is a placebo.  $cientology is a
placebo.  All made up by a person who's entire life history is a lie.
All designed to make you feel better about being a human being.  To make
you feel supperior to all the thetaless life on earth.  And ultimately to
make you feel superior to us Wogs and Supressives like me.

{You REALLY put a dime in me when it comes to Scientology!}
Karl Alexis McKinnon|I live as the beasts in the fields, rejoicing in the
SP2                 |fleshly life. I favor the edible and curse the inedible.