C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:13:22 -0400
Well, Kyle that's a tricky question because I only live 10 minutes from
work if the traffic conditions are right - I take a lot of back roads
and stay away from the main highways because the people who drive there
can drive like maniacs (or Richard Petty, take your pick!).  Anyway,
since I have the wheelchair carrier on the top of my car, I lose the
advantage of a low mileage due to heavier load and the increase in wind
drag.  In a normal driving time period. I would be filling up my tank
every two weeks.

But lately I have been topping off when the gauge gets below a half a
tank - costs me $25 per half-tank.  I am also carpooling with someone
two days a week so that helps a bit, too.

Kat