From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 08:09:45 -0400
Hi Tom.

In large part, I find the same thing to be true with rides, and I think it
will get worse as gasoline costs rise and fewer people go in the first place.

I have been trying to find transportation to the Rochester hamfest and I
find that even dangling gasoline money in front of prospective drivers
isn't enough to do the trick in large part.

Don't feel alone, though.  Blindness isn't the only reason why people get
shunned from radio clubs--my sister indicates that she has experienced it
because she is a woman, and knowing the personalities involved, I believe
that she is correct.

Sadly, she doesn't get on the air very often any longer because of that
very thing.  In my opinion, if we want the amateur radio service to survive
in the 21st century, we need to stop shooting members of our own ranks.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:03 PM 5/15/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>I've not been able to get folks to help much with transportation with stuff.
>About the only time they're willing to do that is when they need VEs for
>testing
>as my wife and I are both extras and VEs.
>
>My wife has experience with the area club and quit because they oughtrightly
>told her that she could not be club secretary because she was blind hence
>incapable even though she'd been doing the job for nearly two years taking the
>place of an elected person who's term hadn't yet expired.
>
>I did get help once with putting upa a G5RV but that was over a year ago and
>have been on my own since then including soldering etc.  Its made things slow
>for me but I eventually get it done.
>
>Tom
>

>Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
>web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html