From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:49:47 -0400
ok.  I'll try to get all the questions answered.

I purchased the following items.   I included prices paid, so you can see
what's what.

1. K3/10 K3 10W Transceiver Modular Kit 1,399.00
2. KAT3 K3 ATU Modular Kit 259.00 259.00
3. KBPF3 K3 General Coverage RX Module 99.00
4. KFL3A-1.0K K3 1kHz, 8 pole filter 120.00
BACKORDERED ITEMS:
5. KDVR3 K3 Digital Voice Recorder 99.00
The k3/10 includes a four pole 2.7 khz crystal filter.
The tuner appears to be pretty good on initial evaluation.  However, it
doesn't appear to have any memories, and does a full tune each time it is
engaged.  However, this only takes 3 or 4 seconds, so is not annoying.

Filtering with only the two filters I have is phenominal.

There are two adjustments, if shitf, and width.
It uses dsp to interpolate between whatever filters you have installed to
simulate a continuous adjustment from your widest to the limit of 50 hz.
Haven't got my filters set up correctly on ssb yet, but this appears to work
very well on cw.  No ringing I could detect, and only a db or 2 of
attenuation below 500 hz or so bandwidth.

I didn't order the kpa3 100 watt option, but will eventually.  I also didn't
order the 6khz am filter, or the 15khz fm filter.
These oversights will soon be corrected.
When I get the operations manual edited, I will post to
icanworkthisthing.com.
There is an 8 pole 2.8 khz filter which can be ordered as a substitute for
the stock 2.7 one, I may eventually get that as well.
However, not sure.  Depends on if I sell my ts2000 and what the tax check
looks like as well as all the bills related to my recent back surgery.

More info as I figure it out.
Now off to run our 2 meter slow speed cw net.
73 all