From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:45:46 -0400
Hi.

After doing some looking around on the HF bands, I came to a sudden
realization that trying to get a quiet receiver on these bands is
pointless.  Regardless of how good my receiver is, I live in a city, and
generally mostly what I am hearing all over the HF spectrum is Part 15
devices.  In theory, I have the right to be free from interference by these
devices, but any urban dweller probably knows that they win by their sheer
numbers because it is impossible to track all of them down.  I am finding
that the MW and HF spectrum is ruled by computer hash, miscellaneous
digital clock pulses, and video garbage, sometimes registering up to S9+220
DB, and generally not less than S7.

I came to the conclusion after looking over the situation that I'm not
spending one more dime on anything below 50 MHz.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]