From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:30:41 -0500
Well, if the SWR is too low for those tubes, just decrease the grid drive a
little, bring the output down just 5 watts or so and you'll get a couple
more years use out of those tubes. 6146 tubes are quite rugged, I've had
uncanny usage out of 6146s keeping on and on.
Isn't that what the 520SE has? Horizontal output tubes, might be a little
more fragile, so ... Isn't that what some of the Swan radios had?

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Fessenden, North Dakota; 58438-7300