From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:40:52 -0400
Hi Lou,
I share your frustration with the lack of accessibility to set top boxes and
the like, but I am not letting this inaccessible world shut me out!  I have
used receivers and transmitters that didn't talk, cell phones that didn't
have voice synthesizers in them and I used to tune up my old DX 100 by
listening to the transformer hum and I used to set the drive by listening to
the time it took for the meter needle to return to the 0 stop.  But I'm not
going to give up on any communication mode because of ignorance.  That also
includes digital ssb which I think sounds terrible, but I'm hoping that it
will get better with time.
I'm going to keep accessing the difficult because it is a challenge!
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
Live Long and Prosper!