From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:09:51 -0800
Hi Robert,

The TS-2000 is certainly one alternative.  If you want one box to do all,
then it is probably your answer.  But there are some other questions you
might want to ask yourself before you go shopping.  I might suggest:

1.  Do I want all functions in one radio or would I like separate radios to
accomplish the same thing?

2.  Am I always going to operate alone or might I host others in an
emergency to operate at my station?

3.  Do I want simpler radios or a more complex one such as the 2000?

4.  How much room do I have?

5.  How many information streams can I take in at once?

These are a few of the things I would ask in your place before I made up my
mind.  I hope they prove helpful

Good luck with your upgrade plans and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX