From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 04:03:54 -0700
yep it will still radiate fine because PVC, or any regular plastic piping is
non-conductive so it will not prevent RF radiation from getting through it.
If you do use PVC or some equivalent, make sure you drill some drain holes
in it, and try to keep at a very slight angle so that any water that might
get in will drain out.  Water can be very conductive and will cause problems
if it collects inside a pipe up against a bear wire.
Plastic, or pvc piping works great for insulators as well for dipole ends.
You can use T junctions for your end insulators, and a heavy duty joiner
peace for your center insulator if you are making a regular dipole.

73
Colin, V A6BKX