From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:06:05 -0600
	It is true that a 0-ohm resister is not truly a
resistor, but there really are such things. The reason has
nothing to do with electronic design or performance. It is a
work-around for the manufacturer. The factory machines that
populate printed-circuit boards can hold components in their
jaws for orientation and insertion but single wire jumpers are
more difficult so some manufacturers have jumper wires made with
a blob of black something or other that forms a cylinder which
gives the machine something to hold and orient.

	I do believe the color code is all black.

	If one was repairing a board and had to replace one of
these things, a simple jumper would do nicely. It's just to help
the robots.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer