From:
"John J. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:11:58 -0600
It's nice to see that there are several people interested in building
equipment on the list, since what I want to do in ham radio is build and
try out equipment. When I was younger I used to build quite a lot,
including soldering. I built transistor circuits, but I used a modified
version of a breadboard. Nowadays techniques are quite different.

I wonder how many of you remember Bob Gunderson of the New York
Institute for the Education of the blind. He was fand away my favorite
teacher.

The Braille Technical Press and later the Technical Files used to
publish circuit diagrams. I'm thinking that a circuit-description
language like Spice might be used to describe circuits for the blind.
Another possibility would be to develop or find a language based on xml.
I have been working on transcribing xml to braille for several years.

Let me know your ideas.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.