From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:42:39 -0700
you have to set your rx, or tx frequency on the main, and the other
frequency on sub, so, if your on the main side, what ever frequency you have
in the vfo, or in the current memory channel will be that frequency...
For instance, if i want to cross band repeat between 446.050 and 146.520, i
put my main vfo on 446.050, and my sub vfo on 146.520.
Then, i turn on the cross band repeat function and sit back and let it
repeat.
At this point, i know that my main vfo is on UHF, and my sub VFO is on VHF,
so i can use my volume knobs to distinguish between the two...also, the
audio of the main band is far different tonally.
However, if i feel like using my sub vfo for UHF 446.050, and my main vfo
for 146.520 then I can do that too and it'll work fine in cross band.
This is why i don't use the control key because you never quite know where
you are...it is so much easier just to use the left arrow for main and right
arrow for sub.
does this make sence? hopefully i explained that properly.
Also, you can use separate speakers for main and sub so you can distinguish
which band is talking when using cross band repeat.
73
Colin, V A6BKX