From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:28:41 -0700
yeh i do it all the time on the ts-2000.
I never ever use the control button...i find it just complicates matters too
much...
anyway, just set your rx and tx frequencies on the main and the sub VFO's ,
it doesn't mattter which is which.
Then go to the menu, i think its the last one, you can look it up though,
and set menu A to C and you'll be in cross band mode.  All the functions of
the radio except the send button, volume and squelch  are disabled in cross
band mode.
And i'm not sure what you mean in that you can't use a dual bander for cross
band repeat on the ts-2000...it works just fine.
my dual bander  doesn't have any problems with receiving on one band while
transmitting on the other, and the radio functions just fine that way.
No bleed over or desensatization or anything.
The reason i don't use the control button or function is that I find it
easier just to switch between the main and sub with the right and left arrow
keys beside the main tuning dial.
If you have a particular set of frequencies that you want to cross band on,
you can put them into memory as well.
Also, you can cross band in simplex or with the tx offset on each side...for
instance if you want to link a VHF and UHF repeater with their own TX and RX
frequencies, but be able to hear the output of each as well, you can do
that.

73
Colin, V A6BKX