From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:58:41 -0600
Pat, as blind hams, we all have to find work arounds, but what if there is
no
work around for the functions we want to use?  Electronics is becoming less
and less accessible to us.  What about the impending change of all TV
signals to digital.  Granted, we will all have converters if we need them,
but what if we can't use them?  What if we can't do any more than turn them
off and on or change channels?  The government is forcing this down
everyone's throats with little to no thought to how it will effect the blind
in terms of accessibility.  Sure if you are a rabbit ear user you will get
40
dollars towards a converter, but again, how will that help a blind person if
it is not accessible?  I think since the government is insisting on this
change without sound reasoning behind it, the government should pay all
costs.
Harvey