From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:34:50 -0800
I have a v82, and really like it, I haven't tryed d-star with it as the
board for that is nearly twice the cost of the actual radio, and I can't
justify that expense right now.  I have heard from various digital lists
that you can program the radio with computer software.  You might want to
check out the d-star group on yahoo groups.  The actual name of the group
and mailing list info escapes me right now, but it's very informative.  I
stopped subscribing to it because the information was getting a bit more
technical then I could understand having not delt with too much digital
stuff as yet, but it is a very good group.

73,
Chris, w8cjs