Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:04:09 -0500
Hi Eric.

The D key does on some models, but it didn't on the IC706 series.  I don't
know if Icom made that capability available on the IC703 series or not.  I
believe it has something to do with which functions they allow to be
controlled externally through the CIV port.  It probably depends upone
whether they used the same firmware as the 706, or something
different.  I'm guessing its something different because of the differences
in frequency coverage, so unless someone knows the answer for sure, its
probably a crapshoot.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:33 AM 1/1/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Danny,
>I've also heard that one of the buttons on the Hansen keypad will activate
>the speech board.
>
>Also I think with that keypad you can enter memories into that radio.
>
>I think in speaking with John he told me that you couldn't enter memories
>into the Yaesu with his keypad.he explained that Yaesu's programming scheme
>did no permit that.
>
>Eric
>KU3I
>

>--