Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:34:51 -0500
Vertical is better and away from metal.  I had repaired my G5RV a couple of
times.  Once my son ran over it and I had to shorten the coax about 7 feet
to get rid of a bad section.  the wind plays havoc with the coax to twin
lead connection.  There will be about 7 ferrite cores in the PVC center.  I
just slide them back while I made another connection and then reinstalled
them.  Gary KB2YAA