Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:04:28 -0500
I figured I had to chime in on this subject.  When I was studying for my Novice
back in 1964, I had a Heath GR-91 which I think was a regenerative receiver.
When I got my ticket, a local elmer lent me a DX-35, which ran 60 watts.

Later that year, as a matter of fact, I remember the date exactly as November
13, 1964, my parents bought me an NC-300 receiver.  That was a nice box, but I
really didn't appreciate all it could do until ten years later, when a local ham
tweaked it up.  I think my folks bought it used, and it really wasn't tuned
properly; it did play much better after that.

When I got my Conditional/General privileges, I upgraded to a Johnson-Viking
Invader.  So, I remember the days where you had to spot your signal very well.

Steve, K8SP