From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:56:36 -0400
Something else you can do, first is, if the system drivers CD that came with
the computer, or even the windows XP CD will let you, run scan disk from the
CD. You'd need sighted help for that unless you have some sight. That
happened to my laptop once and the drive was in bad shape but scan disk,
from the system drivers CD fixed it. You'd have to run defrag and disk
cleanup once you get it to boot after that, but if you can, that's what I'd
do very first thing is that scan disk. If it's a gateway computer they call
it something else on the system drivers CD but if that's the case let me
know and I'll look it up. I think it's like GWScan or something.