Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:09:56 -0400
Hi Pat.

I have to disagree strongly with you on this.  If you are really interested
in weak signal work, the TS790A has considerably better receiver
sensitivity than the TS2000S.  If your interest in SSB is only casual, then
go for the TS2000S.

I can say this because I have both radios side by side and I've made the
comparisons, and frankly the TS790A is a better rig.  Maybe not as
versatile as the TS2000S, but if the objective is weak signal work on 2
meters or 70 cm, the TS790A is pretty hard to beat, especially if you use
it to drive an amplifier like the Mirage amps that are designed for a 45
watt drive and a large amount of power out.  Even though I have the
TS2000S, I've never been sorry for an instant that I bought the Kenwood
TS790A.  It is an outstanding radio, and quite accessible.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:42 PM 6/26/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd just look for a TS-2000 myself or an IC-706 or IC-7000 personally which
>is what a lot of people do, an all mode duel band radio is a lot, the only
>one I know of currently made is well over a grand and used ones, as were
>said, not cheap.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]