Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:11:59 -0400
Tom,

Congrats on the new toy.  Don't pinch your fingers.  As you guessed, you
need special crimp connectors.  In the one's that I've used, the knurled
ring is held captive to the body of the connector.  It spins, but won't come
off.   The second part is a metal ferrule.   You slide this ferrule on the
coax and prep the end.   Slide the main part of the connector  onto the coax
and the body of the connector slides over the center insulator and under the
braid.  Now you slide the ferrule over the braid and crimp it.  The braid is
now sandwiched between the ferrule and the body of the connector.  Some
tools allow you to crimp the tip of the center pin, but you should also
solder it if possible or jus solder it without crimping.

Joel at the RF Connection is real nice to deal with and will answer
question.  They have pl-259 and type N crimp on for RG8 type.    Don't know
if you need anything special for the tool you have, but RFC would be a good
place to start.

http://www.therfc.com/

73, Steve KW3A