Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:56:30 -0500
Hi.

I think auto tuners make sense for fixed antennas.  On a antenna that can
be variably tuned like the Screwdriver, I tend to agree with you.  If you
did use an auto tuner, the way that you would need to do it is to switch
the antenna tuner out, tune the antenna and then if the SWR was still a
little high, switch the tuner gback in and tune it for a lower
SWR.  Mostly, what I think you could have if you didn't do it right is
using the tuner to cancel out the reactance from mistuning the antenna and
most of your power output becomes heat energy instead of RF radiated energy!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]