From:
Gina Bauman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gina Bauman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:55:46 -0600

I just noticed that the protein drink I drink almost daily after working out, Nature's Plus Fruitein, the one labeled "Gluten Free" right on the front, the one that I have been drinking for months, has "oat bran" and "young barley leaf" listed as ingredients.

The only reason this came to my attention is I was running low, went to the health food store, and noticed some of the larger cans had "Gluten Free" on the label, while the smaller cans same flavor did not. In other flavors, the smaller cans had the GF label,  while the larger cans did not. Confused, I asked a store employee for help. She said "they are all gluten free" it's just some have newer labels. Well, when I got home looked closely at my half empty can and noticed these two ingredients. Not wanting to wait until Monday to call Nature's Plus, was hoping someone might have some insight as to how they can label this product (made in New York) gluten free if it has oat bran and barley in it?

*******
*******