BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:47:11 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>      the newly married and naturally lethargic apprentice was
>     determined to make the best of "Daddy's" ranch by using hay bales
>     for centering a concrete dome, allowing the cattle to do the work
>     of removing it during the next winter.
>
> *The centering removal plan struck me as a great idea at first, but
> the more I think about it, the less I like it (how do you explain safe
> labor practices in concrete formwork removal to REAL bovines?)  Did
> the guy actually try it?
> *
I have for many years had a dream to build a split cobblestone dome -
split sides of the cobbles in - and have always thought in terms of
centering with a pile of dirt. I like the bovine idea and see that I
could combine this with other likely not to be realized dream of having
a goat farm. The closest I ever got to that dream was the book on
raising goats, the goat we had that ate all the tomatoes, and the
hedgehog yogurt adventure. Goats are not very picky about their forage
and when they get tired of chewing away on the house they can climb on top.

][<en