From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:43:53 -0800
Hi Paleophil,
>Considering
>that chewing tobacco can make first-timers nauseous,

Chewing tobacco is different from a tobacco plant:

What's In Spit Tobacco?

Chemicals. Keep in mind that the spit tobacco you or your friends are
putting into your mouths contains many chemicals that can have a
harmful effect on your health. Here are a few of the ingredients
found in spit tobacco:
    * Polonium 210 (nuclear waste)
    * N-Nitrosamines (cancer-causing)
    * Formaldehyde (embalming fluid)
    * Nicotine (addictive drug)
    * Cadmium (used in car batteries)
    * Cyanide
    * Arsenic
    * Benzene
    * Lead (nerve poison)
The chemicals contained in chew or snuff are what make you high.
Tobacco picked from a plant would probably taste like any green leafy
vegetable. (not that great)

>I bet that eating it
>can make you really sick.

Probably no sicker than brussels sprouts or broccoli.

> > When 'small' amounts of green or dried tobacco are put into stews,
> > beans, and salads, we get the 'Bs'. Care must be taken in the choice
> > of variety. Most importantly, fresh lemon juice or apple cider
> > vinegar MUST be used to bring green tobacco within digestion range."
>
>Why "small" amounts, if it's so healthy?

Maybe he means you don't need much to get all the B's.

As for the vinegar or lemon on the tobacco, it seems common to have
these on a lot of greens especially in the southern USA, not so much
in Canada. Most green salads are naked without vinegar or lemon
juice, aren't they?

>  Vinegar is yet another non-Paleo
>food, along with the corn and beans.

The author must be a vegetarian. I haven't come to that part yet....
If apples and pears are paleo you can put the peelings in water and
let them sit until they become vinegar.
Could that be paleo?

Paleobest,
Susan