C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:34:59 -0800
i was told by a nurse at my kidney doc's office that
there were collectors that made it easier for people
who have problems with cups etc, but that most docs
did not keep them. she said she did not know why they
did not keep at least a couple around for special
needs.
i know why, cups are cheap and they do not care enough
to have the special collectors.

--- Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> today i met with an orthopedic surgeon, they took
> xrays (again since my family doc had not sent them)
> and he showed me one of them; told me my right hip
> is completely shot, it looked like a seed from one
> of the kind of tress that is everywere in the bay
> area; it's a round seed with all these sharp things
> coming out of it, thats what my hip looks like! then
> later when I was standing up for him, my hip was
> doing its usual song of popping and grinding, and he
> said, Wow, I have NEVER heard a hip that sounded as
> bad as that! So, in January he said he could do it!
> he said he might need to cut a tendon on the inside
> area of my groin.  He said I have two options, live
> with the pain, or do the operation, I don't want to
> live with this pain, so of course I want to try the
> surgery! my family doc was right, this surgeon looks
> very young, like doogie howzer!, but he's in his
> 30's.  so I need to see my dentist to make sure I
> have no absecces that could become
>  infected. I also need to make sure I am over the
> uti... which will require another urine sample,
> which are a pain to obtain. I think I will get my
> own bedpan to stick in their toliet, it makes it
> much easier when I'm not holding a ciup, or others
> are not between my thighs...

> http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
> Tamar Mag Raine
> www.cafepress.com/tamarmag