ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:40:01 -0700
Kathy,

He was complimentary, Rush was that is, concerning the voters but it just
sounded to me that he was trying to say Christian voters were not as true of
conservatives but voted more based upon their religious beliefs.  I watch
Bill O'o'Riley often and he seems to imply the same.  It makes me believe
these guys because Christians, when compared to other conservatives, can't
see the forest for the trees.  Frankly, I'm partly libertarian in some of my
political beliefs, believe it or not, so I bristle any time I think someone
is saying I support someone just because I'm a Christian and he's a
Christian, too.  For example, as much as Mormon theology freaks me out, if
Romney turned out to be the repub nominee, if he truly is pro life now,
although he wasn't before, that is one big time issue that would allow me to
vote for him, although I would have other criteria in the mix before I made
up my mind.  On the other hand, I'll never vote for Juliani, or however he
spells his name, because he believes in letting people decide to kill their
unborn children and although he carries a gun himself, he doesn't believe
common citizens have a right to protect themselves in the same manner.
That's just for starters.  He has a whole boat load of things that makes me
wonder why he is even a republican in the first place.  I sort of laughed
last night when they interview Pat Robertson on Fox news.  He said the Lord
had indeed told him who was going to be the next president but he refused to
say because he hoped he was wrong.  I have learned, concerning Rush, to read
between the lines, to some degree, because he isn't exactly what he appears
to be.  I find the same to be true with O'Riley.  Frankly, I wish all the
primaries were over and we could see who is left standing so we could find
out what the candidates really believe.  Is that possible?  Bush dropped the
ball somewhere along the line in some respects but I'd still rather have him
the than any of the current Dems.  I'd probably vote for Lieberman, on the
other hand, if he were running but I don't know what his abortion position
is but since he isn't running, I don't care what it is.  I don't care what
party a person is, I will not vote for anyone who believes in killing the
unborn.  Call me a one issue conservative if you like but 50 million murders
cannot be morally justifiable for a country, Christian or not.  I'm a one
issue Christian when it comes to salvation, so I guess I can be a one issue
voter, too, if I have to be.

Phil.