ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:49:48 -0500
The Thief

A horrible thing happened to me today ... a thief broke into my
house. It happened shortly after I awoke this morning. I got up and
began rushing about. I had a thousand things on my list and was
already running behind.

Quickly, I gulped down breakfast, took a shower and got ready for
work.  In my rush, I forgot to turn the security system on at my
house. It was just about a half an hour later that the thief broke
in. Of course, he didn't make a sound. Just kind of snuck inside, not
drawing any attention to himself. In fact, none of the neighbors ever
saw him. But, I did.

You see, I WAS HOME when the thief broke in. He naturally startled
me, as I was unprepared for his visit. He, of course, didn't announce
that he was coming and I certainly had not invited him over.  And
yet, I found myself face to face with danger and I felt so powerless.
I also felt so very stupid, because this whole incident could have
been avoided if I had just taken the time to turn the security system
on. You better believe I'll be turning it on tomorrow morning! I
thought I'd warn you about this guy, because he's still  on the
loose. Chances are, he's in your area. Possibly even headed for your
house. His name? His name is Satan.

You see, this morning when I jumped up in my haste to get started on
my busy day, I skipped my prayer time, opting to "pray later today."
In other words, I DIDN'T TURN ON THE SECURITY SYSTEM. My defense
wasn't on, my guard was dropped... and when the thief came into my
home to attack me, I was unprepared to do battle. He tempted me and I
felt powerless. Like I said, I also felt so very stupid, because I
could have avoided the incident if I had just taken the time to pray.

My friend, the thief has come to "steal, kill and destroy." And, as a
Child of God, you are on his "hit list."  He'll probably pop over to
your house today.

He may be lurking outside your door right now, just waiting to catch
you off guard. Take time to pray this morning. Ask God to bind Satan
from your very presence, to protect you and empower you to do battle.
In short ... always dress with your Holy armor from head to toe and
... don't forget to turn your security system on.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; but I have come
that they may have life, and have it more abundantly."  (John 10:10)

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the
full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's
schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against
the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of  this dark
world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly
realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when  the
day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after
you have done everything, to stand ...  And pray in the Spirit  on
all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephes. 6:10-18)