BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:44:33 -0800
> I am thinking of writing a letter to the local newspaper suggesting that
> the solution to the illegal immigrant situation is to naturalize all of
> them. Tho my wife suggests that I had better think about that a bit
> longer.

The only solution is probably to naturalize the whole world so there will be
nowhere to immigrate to.   But then, that seems to be a current and
re-current strategy from the great land of plenty anyway, and seems to be
sometimes causing the opposite effect, making terrible slow progress toward
enlightenment of humanity.   And sadly, health in diversity is not yet a
global strategy either.   I guess we just have to keep working to fix our
personal and local gutters to keep the rain out while "they" figure out how
to "save the planet" (which really could care less about being saved as
illustrated in the absolutely fabulous wonderful book titled "Out of Thin
Air" by Peter D. Ward, all about the progress of life and geology and oxygen
on the planet, a great read!).

A few years ago, the son of Chief Dan George (little Big Man movie fame)
addressed the BC Museums Association conference with the statement that he
considered Vancouver,BC to be the best place to live in the world at the
present time.   He pointed out that it was then the only large city in the
world where all the races of the world were currently present in large and
significant numbers, and therefore was the place where the real potential
for humanity could come alive.

cp in victoria bc
--- where the nearby Home Depot has the most rude staff on the planet, and
the RONA (big similar "lumber" chain) store a mile away has the best I have
ever experienced anywhere.

PS: Hey Ken, I am having real trouble finding a wood/sheet-metal combo set
of contractors to do the lead or copper-lead lined wood gutters on the 1855
Farmhouse here.   Interested in a trip to Victoria?   The one guy who does
the work here is booked up several years in advance for roof flashing and
slate repairs on the great Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria.   I'm really
stuck.   Maybe I should come apprentice with you and then come back as an
"expert".   There is so much work going on here these days that an expert is
someone who knows where the closest Home Depot is so he can bid low based on
saving driving time, allowing more time for stops at Tim Horton's (Canadian
donut chain).