From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:56:00 -0400
Hi.

If you have the space for it, a loop antenna will tend to pick up much less
noise than a random wire or dipole.  I also found during a Field Day
eexercise where we had an 80 meter Delta Loop and 80/40 meter dipoles that
the 80 meter Delta loop was considerably less prone to hear lightning
crashes, which proved to be a big advantage with typical June conditions in
New York State.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK