From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:29:26 -0400
Hi, again, folks.

Well, I bit the bullet, and went ahead and bought the $49 West Mountain
Radio power crimping tool.

And, while I was at it, I bought the additional dye set that goes with it,
containing various additional crimping dyes for other kinds of terminals and
connedctors.

I noticed that the additional dye set contains a PL259 crimper.  My question
is:  What kinds of PL259 connectors would work with this crimping tool?  I
can't imagine that the traditionally-available PL259's would be usable for
that application?

And, do you know of amy crimping tools or arrangements that work for RG8
connectors?

I do not intend to crimp any coax connections that will be used outdoors,
but certainly crimping seems acceptable for indoor connections, or various
"quick fix" jobs.

Any thoughts?

Happy Easter to all on this list.  This is a great list.

As you can tell, I'm in the learning mode again, and I appreciate everyone's
help and patience.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ