From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:00:42 -0400
Hi Tom,

You can find power poles at HRO and other dealers as well as West Mountain.
If you have the bucks, buy the WM crimper.  I think you can get that from
HRO as well.  I use a general  purpose crimper and it works well, but  takes
several steps while the other  crimper should be easier.

Don't have a 480, but I think I know what you are referring to, and I would
only put power poles on the power supply end of the cable.

The pins are interchangeable, but there is no way to tell the red from the
black housings by touch.  You'll need sighted help or   some color/contrast
indicator to tell them apart.  Keep the red's and black's seperated in
identifiable containers, and you will only have to seperate them once.

When it comes to putting it together, here is how I do it:

There is no doubt an easier way to explain this, but...

Lay a red and black on the desk with the red on your right  and black on the
left.   Have them so the  plug part  is away from you and  the end where
wire enters is facing you.

Flip the red one til  one of the dovetail slots is  flat on the desk and the
other slot is facing right.

Turn the black one  the same way.  One slot down and one to the right.
The raised  part on the left side of the red one now slides into the slot on
the right hand side of the black.

When you put the  pins on the wire they slide   in with the sharp  front
edge facing down.  Both the same way. The flat  spring metal things inside
the connectors are both  down towards the desk and that is where the sharp
end of the pin goes.   Of course you can always  put the wires in first and
then slide the red and black together, but that is much harder  when working
with heavy paired wire, unless you want to split the  wires back a few
inches to give you a little room.

  These connectors are very popular and I'm sure you will get lot's of
information.  Take the above for what it's worth.

73, Steve KW3A