From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:29:46 -0700
A friend of mine was over one day and I had to do a quick part replacement
job on a guitar before we left to go rehearse.
For allot of this job i had to hold the iron's handle in my teeth so i could
use both hands...he was at first agast, then concerned, then amazed, and at
the end of it, couldn't believe that I had completed the job
satisfactorally.
I think  that he thought i was just trying to impress him or something when
I said I was going to fix that guitar.

Of course, this is the same guy that just about fell over the first time I
went to a gig with him, and set up the entire PA and instruments while he
ran around trying to figure out what to do.
Now i just use him for a willing set of eyes to check clipping lights and
run down cable ends when i don't have the time to follow them.
He is one of those sighted people that John mentioned who can't, and won't
solder and shouldn't get within 5 feet of a soldering iron.

73
Colin, V A6BKX