From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:08:34 -0800
Hi Tom and All,

I found that for small size and good output, Motorola makes a small speaker
for cell phone use in a car.  The number is 4002 or something like that.  It
is only about four to five inches long, about two and a half inches high and
perhaps about the same deep and comes with a mobile mounting bracket.  I use
one of these for the 480 in the car and it produces very good quality audio.
I also use one for the TM-G707 in the mobile with similar good results.
They are both mounted on the fire wall near my feet and I have no trouble
hearing when in the mobile, even at high freeway speeds.

I have a Kenwood speaker that looks exactly like these that I picked up at a
ham fest somewhere but don't know the model number on it.

Another good option is to locate a commercial two way radio shop in your
area and buy one of the modern Motorola two way communications speakers.
These are somewhat bigger than the speakers I described but excellent audio
characteristics.

Good luck and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX