From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:41:32 -0800
Hey Collin,
Good points all the way around.

In my comments I was just thinking that if a cell phone could be made to
talk this type of technology could be added to a future rig.

But on the other hand I'd rather have a keypad and be able to enter
frequencies directly.

If I can do that I can find other ways to deal with the quirks of a rig.

For instance, I just downloaded commander for the Yaesu FT817. I installed
the program according to it's directions.

I cannot get Jaws to do anything when it runs. Don't know if a radio has to
be connected for it to recognize it.

Also the users guide is in pdf format. It started up with Acrobat but I
couldn't get past page one.

With this experience you just made your point again.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with commander or it just won't
work with Jaws.

In any event I uninstalled it.

This is part of the problem when you are self trained with Windows. There
are so many gaps in my knowledge base.

Based on this experience guess I won't be buying this radio.

73's,

Eric
KU3I