From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:05:40 -0500
Hi Colin,
The Michigan State Police are using Motorola's version of APCO25.  Over the
last 3 years, more and more city and county police agencies switched to the
state wide system.  A few radios had scrambling encoders which made the
voices unintelligible, but the problem is that now, the control channels
have also been encoded so that the pro96 scanner can't follow the trunking
scheme at all.  I checked with a couple of Rat Shack stores in this area and
was told that nothing could be done about the encryption.
I'll bet that there is some software out there that will decode the control
channel encryption, we just have to find it.  I'm sure that the criminals
already have!
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype name:  BobTinn
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.