From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:01:54 -0500
Richard,

I don't know what they call it in OpenBook, but I'm sure the principle is
the same as it is in K1000.  K1000 has a "virtual printer," which shows up
as one of the printers on your system.  When you select the Virtual Printer,
the scanning software starts and recognizes the text as if you had placed a
paper copy on your scanner.  When I use the Virtual Printer, I just open the
file in Adobe Reader, press Ctrl+P to print it, select the Virtual Printer
from the drop-down list, and press Enter.  Alternatively, if I open a .PDF
file in K1000, the program automatically starts recognizing the contents of
the file.  I'm sure OpenBook has similar features, although I can't tell you
how to get to them.

Steve